There’s two types of couples…
…one is those who like to host an extravagant banquet to share the joy and happiness with everyone they know,
And the other is those who love to have an intimate small wedding only having their close friends and family.
If you are the latter one, what you need is definitely a romantic alternative wedding venue.
But we all know that there are numbers of small wedding restaurants, cocktail wedding venue or buffet wedding banquet venue…
… and it’s hard to choose one out of hundreds.
Don’t panic. Let us to sort it out for you!
Ines Weddings has featured 8 comfortable, cozy, special or luxe intimate wedding venues for you and we’re sure that there’s one to your liking!
Hong Kong Island
1. The Peak Lookout
As the name has shown, it’s located at the Peak, surrounding by the view of Pok Fu Lam Country Park and Aberdeen.
It’s also confirmed as a Grade 2 historic building in Hong Kong.
It’s Chinese and Western design will makes you feel like you are in a ancient castle.
The Peak Lookout have a warm indoor area which is very suitable for a cozy small wedding and its outdoor area is definitely a great place for wedding ceremony!
- Area: Indoor-approx.120 seats; Outdoor-approx.200 seats
- Food: Varied, including seafood
- Price for wedding banquet*：Min. charge $210,000/$240,000
- Per Person*：Lunch$368/person ; Dinner $548/person (Extra 10% service charge)
*Price of 2017, for more details please see: The Peak Lookout Banqueting
2. Brick Lane
Brick Lane is a fashionable, cozy and warm cafe located at Admiralty which is a great choice for young couples to host their small wedding banquet.
Although the outdoor area is surrounded by buildings, its design makes it a beautiful wedding venue that is perfect for a afternoon cocktail party, and it will also makes you feel so relax in this busy city.
About the food, the restaurant provide different menus so the couples can choose the one based on their needs and preference.
- Area: 4,500ft. approx.120 seats OR 500standings
- Food: Varied, including vegetarian meal
- Price: Min. $500/person (food only)
- Per Person: Lunch $650; Dinner $850; Drinks $150; OR tailor-made menus.
For more details please check: Brick Lane Wedding
Perhaps you may heard about this restaurant which is located at Central because of its famous dry-aged steaks.
But did you know it’s also a perfect venue for a small wedding banquet?
The 10,000ft area with 2 levels — the rest room in the 3rd floor and the dining area at the 4th.
You may either choose to hold your wedding banquet at the silent, private area (3rd floor) or at the lively restaurant (4th floor).
Of course, you can reserve the entire venue too!
- Area: 3/F—150seats OR 300standings；4/F—80seats OR 180Standings
- Food：Seafood, barbecue, Steak etc.
- Price*：40-60person, Wedding lunch banquet min. Charge $25,000
- Per Person*：Cocktail party – $250/person；Lunch $350/person；Dinner $600/person
*Price of 2017, for more details please check: Shore
Did you notice there’s a mysterious restaurant when you walk pass the Star Ferry Pier?
It is the Watermark, a seaside catering. 270 degrees surrounded by the sea, no matter it is the day or the night, the view is just breathtaking.
The 3,300 ft area with low-key elegant decor, all you need is just some more decoration with wedding elements.
Apart from the luxe environment, the food is also with good quality. Not only tasty, but also creative.
If you love something special or want to have a low-key luxe wedding, think about the Watermark.
- Area: 150seats OR 140Buffet seats with long table OR approx. 250-300 standings
- Food: European, i.e. Dry aged stacks, seafood.
- Price*：Lunch period$80,000(Mon to Fir)／$108,000(Sat & Sun); Dinner period HK$ 98,000(Mon to Fir)／$138,000(Sat & Sun) and 10% service charge.
- Per person: Lunch banquet $388；Dinner banquet $588 (2018 updated price)
For more details please contact Watermark with 2167 7251.
Match is a subsidiary wedding venue of the Kings Hotel and Joe’s Billiards & Bar.
The restaurant not only has loads of experience catering for wedding, but also has the European style design which is very suitable for holding a wedding banquet.
The hanging gardens allows the couples to hold a wedding ceremony and also the cocktail party. Of course, you can also have the wedding banquet indoor too.
Also, it is located at Nathan Road which is with a good public transport, it only takes you 3 minutes to walk from the Yau Ma Tei MTR station to the venue.
If you are looking for a outdoor venue with good public transport network, this is your choice!
- Area: 4,000ft. – 40-110person
- Food: Buffet / Cocktail
- Price: Based on different packages, for the details please check：MATCH Wedding
6. Urban Park TST
Urban Park is a rooftop restaurant located at Tsim Sha Tsui.
Its outdoor area designed as a chic grassy terrace. The grass and the chair made of wood created an fresh and relax environment which is definitely a great place for those who love casual and cozy.
If you wish to have your wedding banquet in the afternoon, this place would be perfect for you as the sunshine and the greenery is absolutely a perfect match that make the venue and banquet sweeter and warmer.
Think it is a bit small for a banquet? You can reserve the indoor area too.
Looking for a simple, lovely and cheaper venue? Don’t miss out the Urban Park.
- Area: 3,000ft. —Indoor 50seats OR 70 standings — Outdoor 80seats OR 110standings
- Food: Western
- Price: Cocktail $450/person up ; Semi-buffet or Dinner buffet or Dinner banquet —$450/person(excluded drinks)
For more details please check: Urban Park TST Wedding
7. Royal View Hotel
The Royal View Hotel in Sha Tin, which is with a good public transport network and its own professional wedding team, make the whole wedding venue a professional one.
The outdoor venue in poolside allows you to have a sweet wedding ceremony or a wedding banquet/cocktail surrounded by the fresh air, blue sky and the lovely green to share the happiness with your family and guests.
Also, the meals are provided by the Hotel which is with a high quality.
You can choose the food package based on your budget and own preferences. i.e. snack package, cocktail package with western food, desserts package.
- Area: Western banquet—approx.150guests
- Food: Western/Tailor-made
- Price*: Western lunch buffet $488/person, Dinner $648/person (2018 updated price)
For more details please check: Royal View Hotel Wedding Package
The Hyatt is also located at Sha Tin and it is with a private garden. If you are looking for a spacious outdoor garden wedding venue, here it is.
The landscape, and the scenic views of Tolo Harbour or Kau To Shan mountain will makes you feel like you are in a fairy tale.
To make this venue perfect, all you have to do is to decorate the wedding arch and chairs with fresh flowers.
“What if it’s rainy day?”
No worry. The hotel will let you to have your wedding banquet at the covered outdoor area (Salons) which is also surrounded by the greenery. Of course, you can choose to move to the indoor area!
- Area: Private garden 60-80 seats; Salons – 100guests.
- Food: Western buffet
- Price*: Cocktail party at the private garden— HK73,800up
For more details please check— Hyatt Wedding Packages
*All the price details are for reference only, please check the details with the restaurant.
Professional Wedding Decoration – Craft Your Own Romantic Wedding Venue
Even though the above venues are with the great design and environment, most of them are restaurant but not a professional wedding venue. So there might be missing wedding elements…
If you wish to make them a perfect and romantic wedding venue, you may need a professional wedding decoration company to help.
A professional wedding decorator will decorate the venue based on the its characteristics in order to make it a unique and perfect wedding venue for you!