Wearing the dream white gown…dress like a princess…take the beautiful photos.
Memories can fade, but photo lasts forever.
In order to have a great photo album, it is important to find a photographer/photography company that is capable.
There are many pre-wedding photography company in Hong Kong, you can have any style you want…
…indoor or outdoor… local or overseas… Korean style or European style…
But I bet you must heard about brides complaining their pre-wedding experience is just a tragedy.
Like… unexpected extra charges… a super-long delivery period or low quality photos.
All these turns the excitement into disappointment.
If you want to have a great pre-wedding shoot experience and have a memorable photo album, it is important for you to do the research carefully.
Wondering what you need to pay attention to?
Here’s the 8 Tips of choosing pre-wedding photography that INES WEDDINGS shares with you!
ABOUT THE BASIC SERVICE
Most of the Hong Kong pre-wedding photography company provides different packages.
It seems convenient and attractive, but you know the drill…
Detail is in the devil.
Remember to look and ask carefully about the followings:
1. The Choice of Wedding Gown
About the choice of wedding gown, make sure the packages has listed all the following details:
- How many wedding gown(style) they provides for you to choose?
- How many wedding gown can you choose for your pre-wedding shoot?
- How long in advance can you choose the gown? And How many times?
- Can your bridesmaid and flower boy/girl join the shoot?
- Will they provide another dress? Like the bridesmaid gown, Qun Gua etc.
- Can you take photo for reference when you are trying on the gown?
- Is it ok to take photo in the place that the gown may spotted or wet?
- Is it ok to change the style of gown with NO extra charges?
- Can you alter the size of gown if it doesn’t fit you well?
If the packages DID NOT mentioned all the details listed above, don’t hesitate to ask the company for more details.
As a consumer it is important for you to get clear your rights!
2. Style & Quantity of Photo
Also, don’t forget to ask about the most important thing— the photos.
There are many couples complaining that what they received is totally different with what they expected.
Some of them only got a few photos with only 1-2 style…
It’s all because they didn’t pay attention to the package’s details before they paid for it!
If you don’t want this tragedy happen on you, make sure you know everything of these before you pay:
- What photo size can you choose?
- How many photo will you receive?
- Do all photo with basic/detailed retouch?
- How many photo album style for you to choose?
- Does it come with special effect?
- Will they return the original photo to you?
- Is oil painting included?(If yes, what’s the size and is it with frame given?)
- Is CD included?
3. Bridal Make Up & Hair Style, And Other Arrangements
And the other arrangements decided the whole photoshooting session can goes on smoothly or not.
So… make sure the package has listed out all the following details.
If not, just ask !
- How many styles you are going to have?(Including make up& hair style)
- Is there make up service for the groom?
- Can you try on the make up and hairstyle for Free?
- Is bouquet included?
- Is accessories included?
- Outdoor shooting: How many spot? How many hours? What is the traffic arrangements?
- Is there an assistant joining the shoot? Including 1 photographer assistant and 1 female bride’s assistant (to help the brides for changing clothes, make-up and hair style follow-up)
- If there’s any weather conditions (e.g. raining, cloudy), can you change the date for free?
ABOUT THE CHARGE
There’s so many extra charge in pre wedding that you are not clear about…so…
Here’s what you need to know to prevent over budget!
4. Ask About Every Extras Items
Be careful, most of the packages do not included all the service you want…
But some of the company will provide you the extra services with extra charges without noticing you and you will only find out at the time you receive the bill…
So… Don’t just pay attention to the basic service, but the extras too.
Service that may charge you extras:
- Provide MORE wedding gowns(style) for you to choose.
- Changing the wedding gown after you have chosen the wedding gown.
- Extra shooting, Require for B&W photo, Add extra special effect.
- Require for the original photo.
- Waterproof photo film, Oil Painting processing.
- Change the size of old painting & Grade of frame.
- Extra bridal’s style.
- Extra accessories.
- Designated photographer or hair stylist.
- Groom’s make up.
- Extra hours for outdoor shooting.
- Change the date of shooting.
Also, remember to check the bill carefully to make sure there’s no unexpected extras!
5. Be Careful About the Verbal Agreement(s)
The sales in the Hong Kong Wedding Fair may give you some special offer just to convince you to buy their service…
But some of the company may not really provide you the service of what they have promised…
Because it’s just a verbal agreement and “Did Not Listed In The Official Contract”.
In order to ensure you to have all the expected services, don’t hesitate to request the sales to list all their oral agreement in the official contract.
One more thing… Read carefully about the terms of contract.
Don’t be lazy.
Lazy could incur you a loss!
6. Request the Company to List Out ALL the Service Details in the Contract
“Still not yet get the photo after 9+months!” Bride A said.
“They cause me extras without noticing me!” Bride B said.
Trust me, these happen all the time.
In order to protect your right, kindly request the company to list out ALL the services details in the contract clearly.
- The Date of Photo Delivery.
- Arrangement Details of Changing the Shooting Date/Location.
- Arrangement Details of Overseas Shooting.
- The Photo Copyrights.
Actually… It’s the company responsibility to list out all the details.
If they didn’t do that…be careful and don’t hesitate to remind them.
About the Quality
7. Visit the Studio
British style with British decor elements… Korean style with Korean decor elements… and also the fairy tale style…
All of this is to make you feel like you are going in to it.
But on the day of the shoot… everything could be turned into disappointment.
The decor is bad… the style is bad… you can’t even find one decor element that is related to the British style you asked for.
If the background setting is bad, no matter how professional the photographer is…
The photos are not going to be Perfect in any way.
The higher the expectation, the greater the disappointment.
Don’t just look at the photos on the company’s website, go visit their studio to make sure the quality is good and you really like it!
8. Read the Company’s Portfolio & Comments (IT’S A MUST)
while the best way to find out if this company reliable is to read the comments.
Portfolio is always the best proof of a company’s performance.
You can measured the photograph with different elements like lighting, composition, photoshop… etc.
Meanwhile, look at how many reference in their portfolio.
If they only have a few references in their portfolio, think carefully if you want to hire them as they may not be an experienced company.
Of course, some new and small companies are way better than those experienced big companies.
What you have to do is to Do More Research and Measure the Risk.
In addition, a company with experience didn’t really mean a company with quality service.
Some of them may have a tempting portfolio while their service is awful.
In this case, it is better for you to read the REAL comments from their customers.
Because after all… what buyers say is more credible than what sellers, right?
A Good Research Helps You Get a Perfect Pre-Wedding Photo Album
It can be exhausting to prepare a wedding.
But this is not an excuse for you to be lazy about what you love and what you want!
Compare different pre-wedding photography companies.
Not just 1 or 2, but more.
Not just the price, but also the quality and comments.
Except searching online… you should also go to the Hong Kong Wedding Fair to get more information!
And don’t forget the 8 tips mentioned above when you are doing the research!